Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

"Nice to meet you"

Before I dive into the reasons I started this blog, how about a quick introduction. I'm Raj *Virtual Handshake*: Husband, Photographer, Software Engineer and aspiring African Drummer.





I don't own my own company. I haven't inspired the masses. I haven't solved any significant social or economic problems. But I would like to! ;-)

A couple of years ago a friend lent me a book that basically said "Anything's Possible". I had a lot of questions and apparently the answers were in other books. So I started reading ... a lot!

I ended up setting myself a goal of reading 144 Great Books in 10 years. At the time of this post I'm at book #14 and I've decided to give this "Anything's Possible" thing a shot. I have ideas, a bit of knowledge to make them happen and I'd like to pass on what I'm learning. I still have plenty of questions and I figured this blog would be a great way to get some answers. In his amazing book "Linchpin", Seth Godin makes an inspiring point, that we need to work out what we love to do, then we need to do it and finally we need to share the results with others. He describes this as "Shipping Your Art" and this is what I intend to do :-)

My goal is that some day soon I'll be writing about my successes, in the hope that others will be inspired to start their own journey.



Here goes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to future postings, Raj! Sounds interesting already...

VĂ©ronique said...

I cannot wait to see your next projects. It is no secret that you inspire me all the time.